Thursday, January 6, 2011

What a decade it has been!

I have been a mom for a whole decade!  Wow how time flies by. 

Reed has grown up to be such a loving, caring, enthusiastic, energetic, smart and athletic young man. 

I can still remember Christmas Eve 10 years ago like it was yesterday. I was working at Target as one of the front end managers and I was scheduled to work Christmas Eve. That morning I thought I was feeling a little funny, but being the dedicated employee I was, I went into work.  Instead of running around the front lanes, they plopped behind the service desk on a stool. As the day went on my discomfort started to get a little more uncomfortable. I was definitely starting to have some major contractions, but still not wanting to leave work. I didn't want anyone else to have to come in and work for me since it was Christmas Eve and all. By 4 or so they finally told me I better go home otherwise you are going to have this baby here! So I drove to my parents house which was walking distance to the hospital and waited.  I didn't have to wait to long, as 3 hours later Reed was born!
Reed was and still is one of the best Christmas presents anyone could give me.
I am so proud of who Reed has made me today!
I love you Speedo!
Happy Birthday!




Reed still has those wonderful dimples that just melt your heart!








Eyeing up all those candles! He got them all out with one big blow.
(Luckily we were all feeling better by this time, as we all had the flu)!

I can't wait to see what the next decade has in store for you!

1 comment:

Angie said...

This brought tears to my eyes... Happy (belated) Birthday Reed! I hope you guys had a great b-day and holiday!!!