Sunday, October 12, 2008

A wonderful time

My parents left on Tuesday after being here for two weeks. It was wonderful to have them around and helping out with the kids.  My parents normally only stay for a week when they come, but decided that always goes by way too fast so they stayed for two this time and it was still too fast. 
The boys loved having them around. Reed went golfing with my dad 3 times and they were both able to try out their new clubs.  Reed got a lot of pointers from Baba about his golf swing.  Reed is a better golfer then I will ever be. He scored at 84 on 18. I think that would be my score on 9. I am so proud of all his athletic ability.  
Reed also did art with my mom and used all the art supplies that they had gotten him for Christmas last year.  He made some great pictures.
Drew loved having Baba and Barbie around everyday.  That was the first thing he would ask in the morning when he got up.  Where is Baba and Barbie? Can I yell for them mom?  He would wait and eat his breakfast until Baba got here and then they would have the "Boys Club" breakfast. They were so silly together.  
My dad took Drew to the McDonalds play land for 2 hours while my mom and I did some shopping together.  My mom and I also took Drew down to the river to walk and to see all the boats.
Now Brett was spoiled.  He was held all the time and was getting constant attention. I thought for sure he was going to be screaming at me after they left since I wasn't holding him all the time, but he adjusted quit well.  



We took advantage of the wonderful weather that we had while they were here and went for a walk on the La Crosse river trail. All the boys had a blast looking for golf balls along the trail. I think they found about 20.



All of us loved having Baba and Barbie here and can't wait to see them again. I am not sure if we are going to be able to wait until next June....

No comments: