Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nature Walk












Last weekend the boys and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went exploring. We were originally just going to play at a park, but I wanted to get some good exercise in.  We headed to Hixon Forest which we had never been to before.  I strapped Brett on the front-pack and away we went. The first thing both boys had to do before we could begin was get a walking stick. I just had to remind them they were for walking and not to be used as swords.
 I let Drew choose what path he wanted to take first. Of course he chose the most difficult one. I had to finally convince him that we needed to turn around because it just kept getting steeper and steeper.  I was fine going up, but I was nervous going down with Brett attached to me. Everyone knows how clumsy I am! Once I convinced him to turn around we went on the medium path.  That one was a lot better; it wasn't quit as challenging, but not too easy. The boys and I had a blast looking for bugs and animals.  Reed loved it that we were next to the golf course he and his Baba had golfed at and he told me all about it and what hole we were by. They both took turns taking pictures with the camera.  

I am going to miss these warm fall days once winter comes. The bluffs were beautiful; I could have stayed out there all day and walked around and taken pictures, but of course Brett had different plans for us.
We ended the day with the boys favorite dinner time treat.  Subway down by the river.

No comments: