Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rainy days

         
These photos are from a little bit ago. We have had a lot of rainy days around here lately, which has been hard on all of us. Just when  we think summer is just around the corner it is cold and rainy again.  Drew had been kept in the house for a week or so, because Jay and I decided that we were going to potty train him. Since the forecast was cold and rain we thought this would be a great chance to take advantage of having to keep him in. I never thought he was going to do it since he hated getting his diaper changed and he would go all day with a soaking wet diaper if I would let him. But I was very determined to not have two kids in diapers at the same time. Well he did it!  He has been going on the "big boy potty" for about two weeks now and doing great.  He has had a couple of accidents but I can handle that versus diapers.  
Since the boys had been inside so much they were climbing the walls and needed to burn off some energy, so we sent them outside and told them to play and just run around.
They thought it was great! They could jump in puddles and get all wet and not get into trouble.  It is amazing how the simple things in life are what entertain them the most.

No comments: