Birthdays were never a really big thing when I was growing up. We would never have big parties, and our relatives were never close enough to come over and celebrate with us. So, I took the opportunity to have a party for Drew, since my parents were in town and Jay's parents are only two hours away.
Drew has never really watched Spiderman or played with any of the toys, but he really wanted a Spiderman cake. I researched it online to see how to make one and it didn't seem like it would be that hard to do. Since my mom was in town and has an art background I figured I would tackle it. Jay is also good with details so between the 3 of us we could do it. Drew was also running around all day yelling "Spiderman to the rescue."
I had planned a scavenger hunt for the kids and we were also going to hide treat bags around the yard. The gnats were so bad that we were only able to do the scavenger hunt and then the kids just played. It was so great to see all the kids play together.
The only time that they all sat down and were quiet was when they were eating cake and ice cream. It was amazing what treats and sweets do to kids. I overheard Drew saying to everyone while they were eating, "If you want to come to my birthday party you need to be nice to my friends." How cute.
Pap-pap decided that he was going to entertain the kids while we were getting dinner ready for everyone. He would blow up the balloon and slowly let out the air and have it make funny noises. You would think the kids had heard it a thousands times, but they acted like it was the first time.
Jay is such a kid at heart. Whenever we go to the store and let the kids play around in the toy department Jay and the kids always play with the Hulk gloves that talk. I had convinced him up to this point that we did not need them at home and they would just cause problems. When we went on Friday night to get Drew's gift, Jay found the Hulk gloves again and of course they were on sale so he insisted that we buy them. I wanted nothing to do with them, but I think Jay loves playing with them just as much as the boys do.
I hope everyone had a good time, because I know Drew was really excited that everyone was able to make it. We all had such a great time. Thank you!
1 comment:
I love the cake. It turned out just awesome. Great Job!! It makes me really wish we could have been there to see the pics and all the fun everyone is having. We love you all!
Post a Comment