Drew on his first day of preschool
Drew is now going to Montessori preschool this year. He was so excited to get to school. When Reed left for the bus stop this morning he wanted to leave right then to go to his school. It is so cute; he calls my car "his bus." He wants to ride on a school bus so badly, but unfortunately he still has 3 years until he can ride the bus to kindergarten.
When we drove up to his school, he grabbed his back pack, jumped out of the car and said, "Bye Mom, see you later." He didn't even want me to take him in to school. I guess that is a good thing. I would rather have him really excited about school than being afraid of it. We walked in and he remembered where his cubby was from orientation, grabbed his popsicle stick with his name on it that they use for attendance, and put it in the slot with his name. I didn't even have to show him where it was. He got the right spot on the first try. He wandered into his room and away he went without any fear or worry.
When I picked him up, he was waiting outside in the hallway with his new friends. I asked him what he had done and he said, " I learned, played, and shared with my friends." I was so proud of him. He couldn't remember his teacher's name or his friends' names, but he will work on it tomorrow and Friday.
He was so excited to tell Reed all about his day when Reed got home from school.
There were so many things that he wanted to tell Reed. He told him about the screwdrivers, caterpillars, butterflies, their plants, and much more.
I am going to love hearing his stories each day.
Drew being goofy before school.
Showing off his new backpack.
No comments:
Post a Comment