Monday, July 7, 2008

It's official, I have "My 3 boyz!"

Mommy and her 3 boyz!




July 2nd, 2008 at 12:18pm Brett Thomas decided to come 2 weeks early and join his big brothers Reed and Drew.  He was born weighing in at 6lbs 6oz and 20 inches long.  The boys keep getting smaller with each one. Reed was 8lbs 15oz and 21 inches and Drew was 7lbs 6oz and 19 inches.
What an exciting way to begin the month of July.  I started having contractions on Monday June 30th and Brett was born on Wednesday July 2nd.  With Jay on nights this last couple of weeks, he kept telling me that I had to wait until he was done. But Brett already didn't want to listen to his father and came two nights before his dad was done with nights.  It actually didn't end up all that bad, because Nonni was at our house with the older brothers and Jay was able to pop in and see us at night.  Might as well, since you can never sleep while you are in the hospital.
Even though extremely exhausted, he couldn't stop smiling all day!

Reed and Drew were so excited for their new brother to be here.  Reed kept asking earlier in the week how much longer until Brett gets here and once things started to get going you could see the excitement in his eyes.  Drew was so excited when he finally was able to come up to the hospital to see his mommy and Baby Brett.  It was a long day for Nonni since they weren't able to come up to the hospital until 3:30 and Jay and I left the house at 9:00 that morning.  He had so many questions for me once he got to the hospital.

Big Brother Reed, so proud that he is a big brother of two!


Big Brother Drew, look at that smile!

It was adorable to watch the boys argue over who got to hold Brett.  Reed told Nonni while I went for a walk, "I have to be honest this is the cutest baby I have ever seen."  How sweet. He also keeps telling us each time he wants to hold Brett, "I just love newborns."  He holds him any chance he can get.

Brett giving us the OK that he is ready to go home!

Since we have been home, both the boys are having to adjust their activities around the house. We have to keep reminding them they have to be careful around my stomach and not to be loud when they are around Brett.  Drew always wants to see where my "owie" is. Drew has also had to adjust to the fact of me breast feeding and Drew thinks it is my belly button where Brett gets his food. He is bound and determined to feed Brett food. We are going to have to watch that.

Our family!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

He is so cute cannot wait to meet him in person!! Well done Sarah. The boys look so proud to be big brothers.

Christina said...

What a beautiful family. I love the "ok to go home" : ) LOL