We were at Walmart and Santa was there for the children. Brett went up very willingly but Drew seemed hesitant. We let Brett tell Santa what he wanted and get his picture taken, but still Drew wouldn't go near Santa. As we were walking away Drew grabbed my hand and said, "Can I just go tell him for what I want?" So we walked back over and Drew asked Santa for a white dog that was already trained and didn't shed.
A couple days later.......
We explained to Drew that we were not going to get a dog this year because the type of dog that we would need (my mom is very allergic) is hard to find and Santa wouldn't want to make a mistake with the type of dog that he would get us.
Fast forward to Dec 23rd.......
My mom and I went to lunch in Stevens Point at a dear friend's house. We were asking her about their new dog and she explained how they LOVED Peshi, but Peshi did not like her husband. They had even hired a trainer to work with Peshi and Jim over that past year. They did not want to take the dog back to the pound but wanted to make sure Peshi went to a good home.
I asked Judy if she was serious about wanting to find a good home for Peshi. Peshi is the dog that we have been looking for! He is a white Cockapoo which is a non-shedding, hypoallergenic breed.
I explained to Judy that she would be our true Christmas miracle if we could take him home because my boys would LOVE him. She wanted to talk to her husband first and she would get back to us. Judy called us that night and said Jim would love for him to come to our home. They wanted to make sure that Peshi would like Jay and the boys and that if it didn't work out that we would bring him back and they would find him another home.
Dec 24th.......
Jay and I got up early Saturday morning and told the boys that we needed to run some last minute errands. We had no idea if we were coming home with Peshi or not. When we arrived at Judy's house, Peshi was a little hesitant of Jay but warmed up very quickly. We decided we were going to take him home and see how it goes. When we got home I came in first and explained to the boys that we had their first Christmas gift and they needed to be very calm and no screaming!
Jay walked in with Peshi and they were so excited and Peshi LOVES the boys!
![]() |
| The boys meeting Peshi for the first time |
![]() |
| Peshi in the car to our house. He sat in Drew's cars seat. It was pretty cute. |
If I had any doubts about Santa, I am a full believer again:)





No comments:
Post a Comment