Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Drew's broken arm



I think this was Drew's favorite part of his getting his cast.  Reed Drew pictures on it for him. 





Am I surprised that Drew has a broken arm? No!  But I am surprised how it happened. Drew is always jumping off of things and falling down and playing rough and tough.  But of course he doesn't get hurt doing that.  He gets hurt jumping off a 2ft wall and landing on very padded mats. I am still not sure how he did it. 
One of my friends saw him jump and didn't think anything of it until he started to cry and grab his arm.  As most of you know usually when Drew gets hurt he barely even cries he just gets up and keeps going.  But today I could not get him to stop crying.  He just kept holding on to his arm and saying that it hurt.  We tried everything to get him to stop....food, candy, etc. But he just wouldn't. When we got him to finally calm down a little bit he told me, that "his arm hurt inside."  That was my clue that he must have done something.  He was such a big guy at the ER. Once we got there and the doctors and nurses looked him he was doing much better.  He loved that they took X-rays of his arm and that he was able to see them.  He felt even better once his daddy came down and saw him.  
I think he was most bummed that he couldn't do his swim lessons anymore.  He told me, "If  I go in the pool my cast will pull me down to the bottom because it is too heavy."  He also told me, "when your arm breaks it still stays together but just hurts."
What a strong little boy!  We hope that he gets better soon, especially since the weather is getting nice outside.
We love you boom boom!  (doesn't that name fit him)


Drew got a new cast on today.  He was wonderful! He never once cried or even winced in pain when they were putting the cast on him.  Of course he had a lot of questions for the  tech and myself.  I am curious to see how he is when they have to saw the cast off.  He saw what the machine looked like so hopefully that will help.

1 comment:

The4Nords said...

Hey Drew

Aunt Heather, Uncle Dan, Kean and Taelyn send you many hugs and kisses! You look quite handsome with a cast!