Sunday, November 30, 2008

A night out with Daddy!

I love the excitement on both of their faces!

Drew has been missing Jay a lot lately and is always wanting to know where daddy is, when is he going to be home, does he have to stay the night again, will he be tired when he gets home. It just breaks my heart to see how much the boys miss Jay when he is gone all the time. 
Reed had a sleep-over birthday party last weekend and Jay had the night off, so he took the opportunity to do something with just Drew.  Drew was so excited that he was going to get daddy all to himself.  They went out to eat at Wendy's, then went to Shopko and picked out some new cars and then went to see Madagascar 2.  Every time we drive by the movie theater or we see an advertisement for the movie, Drew quickly says, "I went to that with Daddy all by myself." I think Jay might have enjoyed the night more then Drew. He wishes he would be able to do those special things with them all the time. I just keep reminding him that he will in a couple of years.

1 comment:

Sorefam said...

we can relate! it's tough on everyone but we keep reminding ourselves the same thing---this won't last forever!! so glad they got to have some time together--for all of you! I'm sure it was a nice break for you as well. how is drew liking preschool?